At Northeast Tattoo, the safety of our clients is of the utmost importance. We ensure that all tattoo instruments and materials are single use or sterilized in an environment that exceeds industry standards. Northeast Tattoo practices city, state, and federal industry health protocol to ensure that our artists, facility, and clients are in a safe, sterile, and professionally regulated environment. Northeast Tattoo is licensed by the city of Minneapolis, the state of Minnesota, and meets all professional industry standards.
Northeast Tattoo takes Covid-19 (Sars-CoV-2 / Coronavirus) seriously. We are carefully following the advice of public health officials and the CDC. We are taking the following precautions:
- Northeast Tattoo will operate by appointment only during this pandemic. This policy will reduce the number of people allowed into our shop to comply with social distancing. Please contact us for an appointment.
- Related to item 1, please be ON-TIME for your appointment.
- No one will be allowed into our studio without a mask. No exceptions of any kind will be allowed.
- Northeast Tattoo has always maintained a very high level of hygiene. We have long used the same quality of disinfectant supplies used at hospitals and medical offices to disinfect our equipment and common areas. We remain committed to our existing protocols for your safety.
- If you are ill, DO NOT come to Northeast Tattoo. We all have to do our part to prevent disease spread. If you have had any symptoms of illness within the past 14 days even without fever, STAY HOME. Any of the following symptoms could indicate infection with Covid-19: headache, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, new rashes, and other symptoms that are just beginning to be understood. Please do not become a spreader of illness.
- Relax. If you follow these simple rules we can all do our part to reduce disease transmission and hasten an end to the current pandemic.
THINGS TO KNOW
1. Must be 18 or older. No children allowed.
2. No soliciting.
3. No disruptive or distracting behavior.
4. No drugs or alcohol.
5. No public restroom.
6. No touching or photographing art or our establishment.
7. No use of business telephone.
8. Parking reserved for customers only.
9. No haggling.
10. Must have proper ID.
11. Must read and sign consent forms.
12. Must leave a deposit for appointments. Deposits are NON REFUNDABLE.
13. Gift Certificates are NON REFUNDABLE.
14. Artists operate as independent contractors and are individually responsible for their work. Deposits and/or unfinished work shall be resolved with the artist, not the establishment.
15. Taking care of your tattoo is your responsibility, not ours. Comprehensive aftercare instructions are provided. We do not sell aftercare products.
16. We accept gratuity and reviews for our services. To leave a review please visit us on Google Plus. Thank you for your feedback!
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
Price is dependent on the size of the tattoo and the detail involved. Some pieces cannot be completed in one sitting. You will be given a quote once you meet with the artist and go over the details of your tattoo. Ultimately, we’d rather have clients getting tattooed as opposed to not, which is why we encourage folks to bring us your ideas AND your budget. This allows us to tailor your tattoo exactly to your standards, design, and price point. Remember the old adage, though, “Good Work Ain’t Cheap and Cheap Work Ain’t Good”.
It is our policy to collect a deposit when booking an appointment. We accept deposits via cash or credit card, and the amount of the deposit required is decided upon by the individual artist. The deposit you leave will come off the final price of your tattoo. Artists carefully schedule and book their appointments based on blocks of time. If you do not show up for your appointment, they often do not have adequate time to fill your vacancy. Deposits serve as a good faith gesture to hold your appointment and to compensate the artist if you fail to show for your appointment time. Deposits are NEVER refundable. If less than 24 hour notice is given, you lose your deposit and must leave another deposit if you wish to reschedule. If you cancel your appointment with more than 24 hour notice, you may apply your deposit to your rescheduled appointment. We NEVER, under any circumstance, refund a deposit. We are sorry if this policy causes any inconvenience, but is necessary to protect the interests of our artists.
ARE THERE ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS TO GET A TATTOO?
In the state of Minnesota, you must be 18 years of age or older, period. You must present a valid drivers license, passport, or government-issued photo ID, which by law must be photocopied. School IDs, bank cards, and other non government-issued forms of identification are not accepted. You must also read and sign a waiver/consent form. When it comes time to get tattooed, we recommend that you arrive on time, clean, sober, well rested, and well fed.
I HAVE A TATTOO THAT'S REALLY BAD; CAN I GET IT FIXED?
In many cases, our artists can usually cover up and/or fix most tattoos. Honesty is the best policy, though. If we don’t think it can be successfully covered or re-worked, we will let you know and work with you. In conjunction with our tattoo parlor, we also offer professional Laser Tattoo Removal. Many clients elect to fade an unwanted tattoo in an effort to make it a better candidate for a cover-up, and our Certified Laser Technicians are always available to speak with you. Rest assured that the artwork on your body and how you feel about it is a reflection of us, meaning your satisfaction is very important.
HOW DO I TAKE CARE OF MY TATTOO?
Aftercare will be explained and given in a written form once your Tattoo is complete. Shall you need anymore info on aftercare we prefer to explain it either in person or on the phone.
CAN I BRING MY OWN PICTURE OR DRAWING FOR MY TATTOO?
Absolutely. Bring anything you think might help capture exactly what you want. Along with your source material, we have a vast library of reference books available. Whether you know exactly what you want, or don’t have a clue, we will always work with you to design a custom piece of art that you will love.
DOES IT HURT?
Simply put, yes. Keep in mind that there are plenty of people walking around with tattoos, which is proof that it’s not unbearable. That said, there are many adjectives used to describe the sensation, but it’s ultimately a very personal experience. Some areas of the body are more sensitive than others, but for the most part, tattooing remains very accessible.
IS IT SAFE TO GET A TATTOO?
Yes, it is completely safe. Northeast Tattoo adheres to strict state and federal guidelines, universal precautions, and blood borne pathogen safety. Rest assured that Northeast Tattoo requires each artist to hold client safety as the first and foremost priority. We employ the highest level of sterilization possible, and go above and beyond all local health codes and laws. As mentioned before, our consent form identifies specific instances wherein it is not appropriate for an individual to get tattooed, but these are rare instances, and will be communicated clearly before any tattooing begins.